The selling process

First of all we are not solicitors or legal advisers, this is  a web site to market properties by individuals, estate agents or solicitors; all enquiries go to who ever posted the property (not us!). Saying that we can point you in the right direction to get your house sold!

Choose a solicitor

Choose one that has been recommended or choose from the list on our site You do not need a solicitor at the onset, this can wait if marketing yourself, a solicitor is only needed for the legal paperwork, you can market your property yourself wherever you want!

Get a valuation

Choose a reputable and recommended surveyor or choose from the list on our site We can arrange a valuation for you.

Get a Home report (Scotland)

In Scotland, sellers must have a Home Report before they can present their property to the market. A Home Report provides potential buyers with objective information on the condition of the property for sale. We can arrange a Home report for you, it includes:

  • Property Questionnaire
  • Single Survey
  • EPC – Energy Performance Certificate

Get an EPC certificate (part of Scottish home report)

This can be arranged/conducted by most surveying companies.  Choose a reputable and recommended surveyor or choose from the list on our site We can arrange an EPC certificate for you.

An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) is a document that details the energy performance of a building. If you are selling or renting out your property in Scotland then you need an EPC. This is a legal requirement

under the European Building Directive and it is illegal to sell or rent property without one. Your Energy Performance Certificate will remain valid for a period of 10 years. The EPC will detail the energy use, carbon dioxide emission and fuel costs of the building. The energy performance of the building is given a rating on a scale of A-G, with A being the most efficient and G the least efficient. The report will also provide suggestions on how to improve the properties energy efficiency, thus saving money and helping the environment.

Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) are needed whenever a property is:

  • built
  • sold
  • rented

You must order an EPC for potential buyers and tenants before you market your property to sell or rent. In Scotland, you must display the EPC somewhere in the property, eg in the meter cupboard or next to the boiler. An EPC contains:

  • information about a property’s energy use and typical energy costs
  • recommendations about how to reduce energy use and save money

An EPC gives a property an energy efficiency rating from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient) and is valid for 10 years.

Some advice from the English Government on EPC certificates

Get a 3D scan

There are a few companies starting to offer this superb service. Not mandatory but provides an interactive and immersive 3D tour of your property which allows potential buyers to see inside your house from theirs! See MAXSON to arrange a 3D scan We can arrange for you, please complete the form


Now you have your EPC and valuation (Home report in Scotland) it’s time to market! You can advertise on this website (FREE if you take a 3D scan), Zoopla, Purple brick, Rightmove, Savills etc. You may want to advertise on a solicitors website if they are popular and busy. in some areas there are grouped solicitor websites that only take adverts from their paying solicitors.

We can advertise on this website, and more than happy to arrange on the BIG sites mentioned earlier. Note that our 3D scans can be posted on any website or social media at no extra cost, order one here

Scottish Government

See latest here for managing property during COVID